Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Day 3

Zucchini's the flavor of the week, guys. Not because I particularly like it, or think it's great for me, but becAuse it is in ample supply during the summer in Utah, is paleo, and is pretty much tasteless, so you can do a lot with/around it.

Lunch was breakfast again today... it is probably going to stay that way forever too since I can't get up one second before I absolutely have to. So I went home for brunch and made some zucchini, broccoli, mushroom stirfry with nutmeg and - you guessed it - coconut oil! If ever "they" decide coconut oil's terrible for you, I will be the first to die, I put it on errrythang. So I throw that in a tupperware with a chicken hot dog, a goji cacao & maca snack, and pistachios on the side. I'm not crazy about those laughing giraffe organic snacks, but they're convenient when I'm in a hurry on my lunches. I then washed it all down with a big glass of unsweetened coconut milk. #satisfied


Sade and I made zucchini bread after work, it was delish, almond flour substituted the wheat. It was nutty and soft and just sweet enough. Mmmm. You can find the recipe here.


Dinner was zucchini spaghetti. Pretty good, but I went a little overboard with the onions.


Also, I tried this Naked Coconut water today... same deal as the other flavor, not my fav, but not terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment