Saturday, August 11, 2012

Peach Gelato & T-bone Steak

Today, Brian and I went boating on Utah Lake with his family. What a blast! We got home pretty late, and his family picked up some fast food; no, I didn't break guys.. I did eat some sweet potato fries, probably fried in canola oil, but whatever - I was sooo hungry! Then we got home and I made this delicious meal in my furry of hunger!

Talk about great... Here we have a grilled T-bone steak seasoned liberally with my favorite steak seasoning (it was rare, of course, my paleo ancestors would never have eaten a fully cooked steak) scrambled egg whites with green pepper, mushrooms sautéed in coconut oil, and boiled Brussels sprouts! I love Brussels sprouts...
So this is the first attempt, I found a recipe on allrecipes and substituted 1Cup almond, 1Cup coconut milk, 1Cup coconut cream, 1/4Cup honey, and 1Cup of mashed peaches. The gelato wasn't very sweet, and is missing that "cream" taste, but with some fresh peaches on top, it hits the spot... (just as long as you didn't think of it as "gelato").

No comments:

Post a Comment